red

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Writing Process of a Procrastinator - Mer hits up the Bus Stop!


Hello Everyone! How’s it goin’? I’m Mer. I am a lover of beautiful things, great design and funny stuff. I am big fan of  vintage stuff and love in general in any form. Also, Commas, I really like to use commas and then obsess over them. I am a very well rounded lovely person in most aspects of life (not to toot my own horn, it’s true). However, I have a huge flaw. I live life with Procrastination. Every.Day. There are only three things a person like me can do when asked to be a guest blogger at The Bus Stop.

 1. Obviously, PANIC. Self doubt rises, it grabs a hold and hangs on to your back like a child that wants something from you.

2. This is really key in the process: Procrastinate. So much happens here, I will go into that more later.

 3. You’re gonna wanna field the texts from Amber in a way that makes her giggle, because she likes to laugh and she’s more likely to forgive you for being unreliable if she is giggling. Maybe send her a present, she likes them.

Say what you will, but it works for me.

The Procrastination phase is the one that’s going to last the longest. During this time I will want to catch up on all my shows but also be thinking of everything I can possibly ever blog about and then just go blank. When I finally think of a gem  I try not to write it down, because then I might remember it. I also like to do a few crafts, maybe clean the house from top to bottom (trying  to be inspired), there could also be an excursion into the movie theatre. Don’t judge me, I crack under pressure. Shut up. Anyway, In the end I have to come to grips with the fact that my unconscious or not so unconscious mind is putting great effort into avoiding the fact that I have something to do.

When this happens, I head straight back to number one and then just avoid all contact with the human race for a few days. I feel like they can see through me and know I am a bad person in some way because I can’t even make an effort to shower much less write a thought down. Crazytown is not far away at this point. Just around the bend. I have to jump off this train or I’ll actually get to the station and I’ll never be able to get back on the train out of crazytown because I’ll be procrastinating the whole time. So I do what any self respecting procrastinator would do... I jump ship and write this.

Peace and one, Ya’ll.

MER
 
 

1 comment: