red

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Still Life

"Without atmosphere a painting is nothing" – Rembrandt  Little Buddy

Last week Little Buddy (LB) and I were planning some craft/LB time when she had this awesome idea that we should paint each other’s portrait. We both think highly of ourselves and each other so this is a perfect example of what we would spend time doing.  We decided that we would have timed sessions broken down into two parts. The first part would be using a hand crafted pencil from Italy to get the form and outline done. The second part would take place by early morning light using watercolor.  Our talks were all very professional and paintery.  Very exciting.
Today LB came by for our daily “Aren’t you excited to paint our portrait” conversation. This usually lasts about 10 minutes and we talk about how cool it will be. So today, I asked LB if she was going to let me paint her in the nude. And she said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. And laughed. And I said, is this NO, like the time I said we should get a couples massage and you said GROSS. And she said yes. So then I told her about my vision where she was on a chaise lounge reading a book, surrounded by her dogs and cat, and her husband was standing in the doorway watching.
A few minutes later, she sent me this.

No comments:

Post a Comment